1. WHAT WE DO
The i-Wellness Club provides nutritional therapy and health coaching services to clients to improve their health through diet and lifestyle interventions. We focus on preventative healthcare, the optimisation of physical and mental health and chronic health conditions. Through functional nutrition consultations, dietary and lifestyle analysis, and biochemical testing, we aim to understand the underlying causes of your health issues which we will seek to address through personalised dietary therapy, nutraceutical prescription (supplements) and lifestyle advice. We also provide group coaching and workshops.
2. HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You provide us with personal data in the following ways:
• by completing a nutritional therapy or health questionnaire
• by signing a terms of engagement form
• during a functional nutrition consultation
• through email, over the telephone or by post
• by taking credit card and online payment
• by downloading a free resource, such as an ebook
This may include the following information:
• basic details such as name, address, email address, phone number, other contact details and next of kin
• details of contact we have had with you such as referrals and appointment requests
• health information including your previous medical history, dietary, lifestyle, supplement and medicine details, biochemical test results, clinic notes and health improvement plans
• GP contact information
• bank details
We use this information to provide you with direct healthcare. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest. We may also obtain sensitive medical information in the form of test results from biochemical testing companies. We use this information to provide you with direct healthcare. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We act as a data controller for use of your personal data to provide direct healthcare. We also act as a controller and processor regarding the processing of your data from third parties such as testing companies and other healthcare providers. We act as a data controller and processor regarding the processing of credit card and online payments.
We always undertake to protect your personal data, including any health and contact details, in a manner which is consistent with our duty of professional confidence and the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data storage.
We may use your data for marketing purposes such as newsletters, but this would be subject to you giving us your express consent.
4. IS MY INFORMATION SHARED WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS?
We will keep information about you confidential. We will only disclose your information with other third parties with your express consent with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
• Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential
• Anyone to whom we may transfer our rights and duties under any agreement we have with you
We may share your information with supplement companies and biochemical testing companies as part of providing you with direct healthcare. We will not include any sensitive information.
We will seek your express consent before sharing your information with your GP or other healthcare providers.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information, please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete, or have a copy, of data held that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data.
If you want to access your data, you must make a subject access request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under special circumstances, some information may be withheld. We shall respond within 20 working days from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.